INT-004-2018 Intern (Emergency and Post Crisis)
Posted on July 24, 2018 by IOM
Position Title: Intern (Emergency and Post Crisis)
Organizational Unit: Regional Emergency and Post Crisis (EPC) Unit
Duty Station: Panama City
Type of Contract: Internship (international or national)
Duration: Six months
More Information: http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Emergency and Post Crisis Adviser, the intern will assist with the EPC activities for the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Region. Tasks will include the following:
- Assist in coordination with EPC Focal Points the gathering of information regarding projects in emergency and post crisis.
- Assist in the systematization of the trainings activities (reports) and preparation of the EPC roster for LAC Region.
- Assist Country Offices in the Region with the development of the concept notes and proposals related to emergency preparedness, response and recovery interventions.
- Support the preparation and invitations of the IOM field staff and counterparts for online trainings.
- Support the compilation all the training inputs for the preparation of reports; and, upload reports in the share point repository.
- Support the Country Offices in the preparation of SITREPS (reports) according IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and templates.
- Assist the administrative handling of papers for EPC staff travels according IOM SOPs.
- Assist the proofreading of translated materials in Spanish and/or English.
- Assist the monitoring of meetings by taking notes and preparing briefs for files and dissemination.
- Maintain the share point repository with all relevant materials in different thematic areas of EPC.
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned.
- Students enrolled in a University or recently graduated in Social Sciences, Business Administration or related field;
- Age between 19 and 36 years old;
- Good computer skills Microsoft Office (Word and Excel minimum);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in team;
- High sense of responsibility, dedication and honesty are desirable attributes.
- Follows all relevant IOM procedures, processes and policies, including the Standard of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- Fluent in English (preferably native English speaker) and desirable Spanish working knowledge.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by August 10, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies.